Installing an OpenVPN File without using Terminal
Learn how to install an OpenVPN File graphically.
This guide provides a step-by-step process for installing an OpenVPN file graphically without using the terminal. It helps users who may be uncomfortable with command-line interfaces or who prefer a more user-friendly approach.
Navigating to Network Settings
- Press the Windows/Super key.
- Search for “VPN” or “vpn” in the search.
- Select “Network” from the Settings search result.
- This will bring you to the “Network” panel interface.
- Alternatively, you can directly navigate to the “Network” panel by opening Settings from the Control Center in the top right corner.
Importing the OpenVPN file
- Once you have navigated to the Network panel, click on the plus (
+) button beside the VPN.
- Various options will be displayed in the menu, select “Import from file…”
- This will open a Files dialogue box to select the file to import.
- Select the
.ovpnconfig file downloaded from your VPN provider.
- This will install the OpenVPN profile on your computer.
Note: You may be prompted to enter login credentials after installing the OpenVPN configuration file.
- You can now successfully connect to the OpenVPN profile seamlessly.